Meetings Tuesday @ 9 pm
Westmoreland Lobby

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Indoor Air Raid II

This year started off with a bang. At the first G.A.L.L. meeting, Vice President Ben counted 35 people. I don't think we had that many people combined last year, much less at the same time.

This year, we came prepared. G.A.L.L. held a secret meeting of last year's members to prepare for the first public meeting. So I came equipped with six cardboard boxes, 4 packs of construction paper, and the bag of Sharpie Minis that our club holds so very dear.

Remember last year when it took us four meetings to complete 96 airplanes to fill two boxes? Yeah, well these kids are awesome and got through 480 in under an hour. That's more efficient than the spider web project which clocked in at just about an hour.

That Thursday, I met Ben and a few others to help carry boxes of planes to the second floor of Trinkle.

ARBEIT MACHT FREI

They had already filled their arms, so I was only left with one box. I suppose that shouldn't really make me sad.

Schnell!

The rest was pretty similar to the first indoor air raid, except we were spared the angry PRISM salesfolk, and got the added bonus of people hurriedly rushing by to avoid a shower of multicolored paper.

According to a confidante on the ground, people either had looks of amusement or confusion. So, I suppose it was confusement...or amusion...

Either way, the airplane toss lasted for about 10 minutes, and the mass of airplanes grew.

Half a minute in

And grew.

More time than that

And grew.

Yet more time than that

I would have been late for my next class, had the professor not been watching the whole thing with a smile on his face.

After all the boxes were empty, we took them down to the first floor (6 people plus boxes divided by elevator equals very cozy) and managed to clean the whole mess up in less than a minute.

I think everyone can agree that this one was a success.

--Mike Isaacson, GALL President

No comments: